It’s that time again (a little late, actually) to make plans to break in this coming year.
First, I’d like to look back at my resolutions for 2016:
Feel better than I did in 2015! (At this point, I could get diagnosed with some stages of cancer and still be better off than I was after that stomach bug in May ’15.)
I haven’t felt GREAT, but still far better.
Keep my job and/or leave of my own scheme!
Sort of CHECK.
I left the job after due to my rising health concerns, though I did make the decision to leave “on good terms”. I also planned it so that I did not have to deal with the new Starbucks Rewards that came out early April. Strangely enough, once the stress from the job was gone, I felt functional again. Go figure.
Have a bigger garden, filled with more plants I mean to/am able to eat! (Self-sufficient, ho!)
I planted more, but thanks to my short attention span, most everything died before anything was harvestable. Bigger, yes; self-sufficient, absolutely not.
Keep my Autobot running! (This is a multi-year plan. My Autobot is at 196,800 miles right now and I want it to well surpass 200,000.)
My RAV4 Autobot was diagnosed with late-stage terminal cancer (due to old age) around the beginning of November. So 10 months of the year, that sort of counts. 205,000 miles on my poor, late Autobot. R.I.P.
Not kill my roommate for another year!
Rys and I have gotten along better and better since we moved in together (sans the original issues of two hormonal women before we calmed ourselves with birth control hormones). No blood was shed outside of our reproductive organs.
Actually get to swim in the pool this summer!!
Oh, the swimming I did! I even got a new swimsuit for the occasion.
Zoe was put through swimming lessons this year, so when she visited us during the summer, we were able to (not always successfully) take her swimming in the deep end with us!
Now, on to the good stuff! 2017 resolutions:
- Complete my current school certification (Phlebotomy) and land a job in the field.
- (To all my friends and family, yes, I AM looking forward to sticking people with needles, though I ultimately want to work up to a Med Lab Tech like my Grandpa and work in a lab.)
- Get healthier (again).
- This is primarily focusing on how unhealthy the last 2-3 weeks have been while visiting my/Rysa’s family. My diet went from fresh-cooked chicken with bell peppers, spinach pizza, and protein shakes for energy to pre-packaged corndogs, hot dogs, Little Debbie cakes…. Time to whip back into a better diet.
- Keep up with my projects / do more projects.
- I have the bad issue of getting projects started in my mind, but I can’t complete them because I don’t have the tools/space to work on them. Using the power drill my sister got me for Christmas, I’m already working on my first small project as a stepping stone.
- Live more simplistically / organized.
- I’m a pack rat and, in the last few months, I’ve been very good at keeping things clean and throwing out things I don’t need. I still have a ton of junk I just need to part ways with and hope to go through and clear out the stuff I obviously don’t use. (Thanks to resources here in the big city, I am able to do things like recycle/donate most of the things I would normally just throw away, so they can have a new life elsewhere.)
- Get a ferret.
- I don’t care what Mom says, I want to have a ferret (at least one) by Christmas. (If my previous resolution about getting the certification and job goes through, I might just be able to pull this off.)
I hope you all had a great Holiday season and have your own goals set to work toward, however small. Happy New Year!