Because I was hungry.
- 1 large pork chop, fresh or fully thawed, cut into cubes
- 1/2-1 cup broccoli florets (fresh or fully thawed)
- 1 shallot clove, finely minced (can use some onion, instead)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup penne noodles (or 1 cup prepared white rice)
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil for the pasta.
- In a skillet, add about 1 tsp of your favorite cooking oil (I used olive) and add your pork cubes on med-low heat. Lid and cook until the pork starts to whiten on the bottoms (about 3-4 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Add the broccoli, garlic, and shallot. Pepper lightly and stir until well combined (avoid salting as the soy sauce will cover that).
- Pour the soy sauce into the pan, just enough to lightly cover everything. (You may not need even 1/4 cup, depending on the amount you are preparing). Lid and heat, stirring occasionally, until everything is cooked through. (This can take 5-20 minutes, depending on the skills of your stove. Keep an eye out.)
- Add your pasta to the boiling water and cook per instructions.
- When complete, strain the pasta and add your pork mixture in a bowl. Enjoy!