I got a little bulk-happy the last time I went to Sam’s Club, so we had 6lbs of dried veggie pasta sitting in the pantry that we (I) needed to use. Again, a very simple recipe, and fairly healthy, too! Easy to spruce up with your favorite flavors.
Beef & Veggie Pasta
INGREDIENTS (“Single Serving”):
- 1 cup of veggie pasta noodles
- 1/2 lbs ground beef, 73/27 lean, fresh or full thawed
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped spinach
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp tumeric
- [Himalayan pink] salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. Add the noodles and cook 7-9 minutes until al dente.
- I preheat the pot on the highest heat until I put in the noodles; then reduce to med-high (6 or 7 on a scale of 10) and add the noodles.
- (You can begin the beef – step 3 – while the noodles are boiling.) When finished, strain the noodles and set aside.
- In a skillet on med-low heat, add the olive oil, ground beef, spinach, tumeric, salt, and pepper. Cook until the beef has browned well.
- Strain the beef when cooked and add to the noodles.
- Lightly salt or add marinara sauce. Enjoy!