Rysa made up some frittata this morning and woke me up to see it before she cut it open, so now I share it with you!
- 6+ eggs (depending on how many you serve)
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3-1/2 large onion, chopped (depending on your onion likes; you can substitute shallots if you’ve got an onion-intolerant)
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 long stick)
- sliced mushrooms (about 1 cup raw, will shrink), sauteed
- 5 slices of bacon, pre-cooked/freshly fried, chopped
- seasonings (salt, pepper, parsley, basil)
- 1/4 cup milk (fat percentage doesn’t matter; if you’ve got a lactose-intolerant, you can substitute another kind of milk or go without)
- whatever extra mess ingredients you wanna add!
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
- Cut your bell pepper in half from top to bottom and scoop out the innards; you just want the outer, colorful bits (make sure you remove the seeded core – them nasty eats). Chop into bite-sized bits and set aside.
- Chop your onion into bits. You can saute them if you want, but raw is fine. Add it to the mixing bowl with peppers.
- Melt your 1/4 cup butter over medium heat in a skillet. Slice your mushrooms and add to the butter. Stir occasionally and let saute for 5-10 minutes; mushrooms will shrink in the process and turn slightly brown in color. Add to the mixing bowl; you can strain off the excess butter or keep it, depending on dietary choices.
- Fry your bacon as it pleases you; you can cut into bits before or after the cooking. (PLEASE NOTE: if you just add the bacon into the final Frittata pan raw, it will not fully cook! Pre-cook your bacon!) Add to the mixing bowl.
- At this stage, if there’s any other ingredients you want to add, chop ’em up and add ’em in to the mixing bowl!
- In a separate, large mixing bowl, add your 6+ eggs and the milk and whatever seasonings you want to use; whisk thoroughly.
- Add your chopped fillings to the egg mixture and stir to coat everything in the egg/milk mixture.
- Lightly grease a large skillet (preferably with tall sides) and pour in the final mix.
- Set the skillet on the stove top over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the bottom of the mixture begins to cook (about 3 minutes).
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Slice like a pizza and enjoy!