My stomach has been very “off” this week. I’ve had extreme cravings for fried chicken and sushi, neither of which bother me, but then drinking water four hours later makes me nauseous. :/
Not sure what’s going on, but I got another “crippling” craving on the way home for tacos… 4 miles from my house… in noonday traffic in Big City… passing Tex Mex taco restaurants……
So I made tacos with as many stops pulled out as I had stocked in the pantry!
Bad Breath Tacos
- 3/4 lbs ground beef, fresh or thawed (feel free to use any ground meat of choice)
- 1/2 cup diced/chopped red onion (about 1/4 of the onion I bought)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped lettuce
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning (mine was pre-packaged, using up what I have in the pantry)
- spices to taste (salt, pepper blend, paprika, parsley)
- tortillas of choice (someday I will learn how to make my own tortillas, I hear they’re super simple)
- cheese of choice
- Thaw meat if not fresh. Gently brown (or cook) your meat in a medium pot over med-low heat.
- Cut up your lettuce, onion, and garlic and lightly simmer in a small pan on low heat with a little drizzle of oil (I used vegetable).
- When the onions appear “translucent”, add the vegetables to the meat pot.
- Add your spices, stir well, and cover until fully cooked.
- Whip out a tortilla, add your filling and grate your cheese, and enjoy!
- Use breath mints as required.
I also recommend adding diced potato into the mix, but my only potato had sprouted, so I cut it up to attempt to grow my own. I’ve got the garden bug!