I bought a new knife on payday and I was really in the mood to just cut up foods reeeal small, so I made some cheesy chicken tater mess!
CHEESY CHICKEN TATER MESS
- 1 large / 2 small russet potatoes
- 1 large chicken breast or 2 small chicken breasts, fresh or fully thawed
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheese of choice (I used mozzarella and a colby jack blend)
- spices, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a pan (I used a 8″x12″ cake pan) with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray (or use your grease of choice).
- Finely cube the potato. My pieces were about 1/4-1/3″ cubes.
- Cut the chicken breast(s) into small pieces. They will likely not come out as small as the potatoes, because they’re floppy meat, but get them about as close as you can. (Most of mine were roughly twice as big.)
- Mix the potatoes and chicken and spread evenly across the greased pan. Spice to taste (I used sea salt, pepper blend, parsley, and paprika).
- Layer the shredded cheese over the potatoes and chicken. I used just enough to see more cheese than not.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the cooking time.
- Enjoy! The cheese should be a little crunchy, the chicken perfectly cooked, and the potatoes soft.