Saw a cute recipe on Facebook the other day (I tried, but couldn’t find where it originated from to cite), but Rysa and I decided to whip out some of my candy molds and make some gummies!
This was a batch of both Jello (C) grape and berry blue. We used my brownie bites mold to make some squares (great for flavor/color layers) and my “not-Gameboy-because-that-would-be-copyright” Gameboy mold.
The recipe was super-simple, too.
courtesy of whoever made that video that someone shared on Facebook…
- Jello gelatin desserts, 3oz box (if you get the 6oz/big box, just double up the recipe)
- 2 packs unflavored gelatin (Knox is the brand I find in grocery stores)
- 1/2 cup COLD water
- 1/4 cup of light corn syrup
Also, have your candy/silicone molds, a small stove-safe pot, a heat-resistant stir stick (spatula / spoon / what have you) handy, and a candy-melting bottle (for easy pouring). A funnel and oven mitt are also recommended.
- In pot, mix cold water and light corn syrup until completely dissolved. Be sure your water is COLD.
- When clear, add the unflavored gelatin and Jello mix. Stir until dissolved. (May take ~10 min).
- Set the pot on a cold stove and set to med-low heat (about 1/4 of the dial or a quarter of the highest heat available). Stir until everything has been thoroughly dissolved and the gelatin mix is clear (with the flavor colors, of course).
- Pour gelatin mix into the squeeze bottle and carefully squeeze liquid mix into the molds.
- Let set at room temperature for about 5 hours. (This is the hardest part!)
- Remove carefully and eat!