I’d been stalking this mug on TeeFury.com for weeks… and I was going to get it with my first paycheck, but it was stretched thin (it was a half-paycheck), so I had to wait an extra two weeks and then another 10 days for it to arrive… but it’s finally here!
So, I take calls for a certain popular coffee company and I listen to people all day long about their coffee “horror stories”. Everyone had their favorite drink made their favorite way and I don’t drink coffee, so I felt sort of left out. Well, I’m proud to say, I have my own favorite drink now! After a stressful weekend with my new Iroh mug, I am the proud lover of Caramel Arctic White!
A couple Christmases ago, my dad’s parents bought their children each a large variety set of Land ‘o Lakes hot chocolate. My parents don’t drink hot chocolate that much, so I got to claim most of it. I quickly found that Arctic White was my favorite, mostly because it was gone first. Two years later, here in Big City, Rysa/Roommate and I were meandering a Wal-Mart we hadn’t been to before and found the single packs of Land ‘o Lakes hot chocolate… including my Arctic White. Now we know exactly where the larger tubs of it are and we always keep it in stock.
- 8oz mug of choice
- Smuckers caramel Sundae Syrup topping (they also have sugar-free)
- Land o Lakes Arctic White hot cocoa mix
- Reddi Wip (I use extra creamy)
- Heat 8oz of water. (I used Rysa’s Keurig…)
- In mug, mix 3 Tbsp of Arctic White (or 1 packet) cocoa and 2 tsp of cold water. Mix before adding the hot water to make a “cocoa roux.” This will help avoid the clumps of water-on-powder as well as the dangers of stirring a full cup of cocoa quickly.
- When dissolved, squeeze ~1 Tbsp of caramel ice cream topping into the roux. Mix until smooth (only a few seconds).
- Add your hot water and stir slowly.
- Top with whipped cream in a can, making at least two full laps around the cup.