I made myself some Hamburger Helper Beef Pasta and added some cabbage into it – protein, starch, and vegetables. While it may slightly resemble vomit, it most certainly did not taste like it! This was both a yummy meal and a simple one.
- 1lbs ground chuck
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 box Hamburger Helper Beef Pasta (sauce & noodles)
- 1 cup cabbage
- Brown the ground chuck in a 10″ skillet.
- Drain the ground chuck, return to the skillet, and stir in the 2 cups of water and sauce packet.
- Once dissolved, add 1 cup milk and noodle packet. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer about 10 minutes.
- While that simmers, bring a pot of water to a boil (roughly 1 quart, but it depends on your pot as to how much you’ll need).
- Cut up your 1 cup of cabbage (I cut thin ribbons, then chop in the opposite directions for little pieces) and add it to the boiling water. Leave for ~30 sec. Drain and drop into an ice/cold water bath to stop the cooking.
- When the HH has finished simmering, turn off the heat, stir in the cabbage, and let sit for roughly 1min to get the cabbage warmed up again.
I hope you enjoy!