Avatar: The Last Airbender was a large chunk of my childhood. Roommate and I had company over (who also appreciates Avatar), so I made us some “Frozen Swamp Frog” candies (season 1, episode 13, “The Blue Spirit”). These were just a humorous thing from a single episode, but I had a frog mold and I wanted to use it more!
- Cybrtrayed frog mold
- Wilton melting candies (light cocoa [you could use dark cocoa], yellow, red, colorbursts bright [you could use white or white + light blue])
- Melt yellow + cocoa candy melts together until you get a mustard yellow. Draw a single line down each frog’s back. (I did not bother using a piping tip on this.) You could also color the eyes (not shown).
- Melt cocoa melts and draw a strip on both sides of the frog mold’s back.
- Melt red + cocoa melts until you get a deep red. Fill the candy molds (once other colors have hardened). Careful of trapping air bubbles. (This is when you add fillings, if you desire.)
- Chill the candies until they are hardened.
- Melt colorburst/white melts. Using a toothpick, dab a small amount onto one side of the empty frog mold. Place a cooled frog back inside, just barely pushing the colorburst/white melts into the shape of the frog mold.
- Chill, remove from mold, and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed seeing these!