My frog mold came in today and the madness has begun!
I wish I had gotten the mold with smaller frogs, just because their backs are smoother (more like in the movies) and they’re bite-sized instead of overwhelming, but live and learn. These were a great size for filling with marshmallow cream.
INGREDIENTS & MATERIALS:
- Frog mold
- melting candies (light cocoa or dark cocoa)
- marshmallow creme
- green food coloring (optional)
- Make sure your mold is clean and dry before beginning. (You will want to hand-wash it before its first use.)
- Melt your candies in a container you can squeeze (a bottle or piping bag).
- Pour a layer of chocolate into the bottom of each mold. With a food-safe brush, paint the chocolate up the sides of each mold so that the outside is covered.
- Let chill.
- Put marshmallow creme into a container you can squeeze (preferably a disposable piping bag because this stuff is STICKY). If it is hard to control / too thick, heat in the microwave (10 sec or so). Add food coloring BEFORE putting into piping bag.
- When chocolates are cooled, squeeze some marshmallow creme into the mold. Be careful not to fill it to the brim! Keep the marshmallow creme in the center of the mold.
- Add melting chocolate on top of the marshmallow creme and chill again.
I hope you enjoy!