In the continued theme of The Sims, I have made Key Lime Pie. (I made a similar pie a couple weeks ago – my first-ever pie – but I ate it before I took pictures…) I got the recipe from Nerdy Nummies on YouTube, though I purchased my pie crust instead of making my own. The filling recipe made one full pie and three mini pies (Keebler sells the mini graham cracker crusts in packs of 6).
The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH1WaXYfq1A
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup lime juice (I used RealLime)
- 14oz sweetened condensed milk (1 can)
- 8oz cream cheese
- Whipped cream (in a can)
- 1 Keebler pie crust, 1 pack Keebler mini pie crusts
- Whip cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Add the condensed milk and mix until combined.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time and mix until combined.
- Pour in your lime juice and mix.
- Pour your filling into the pie crust until it comes to the top of the crust (but NOT over the brim). Repeat with the small crusts.
- Bake the large pie at 350F for 8-10 minutes. The filling should still be jiggly when you pull it out. Bake the small pies for roughly 7-9 minutes, all at once.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before putting in the fridge for at least an hour and a half (90 minutes).
- For The Sims decoration, arrange 5 lime slices (I used candy limes – and they “melted” over time) evenly in a ring at the center of the pie. Spray a dab of whipped cream at their center.
- If serving at a party or gathering where the pie will be eaten very quickly, spray a ring of whipped cream around the edge of the pie. (Don’t go too fast or you won’t get the proper ruffled look of the whipped cream, as on the right side of the picture above.)
- If this pie is meant for a small gathering or to last you a while (because you love pie and don’t want to share), reserve putting the whipped cream on the pie just yet. It will not stay whipped and will be a strange ring of white around the edge of your pie.
I hope you enjoy!